Fair-time staff begin work on the opening day of the fair. All such staff are paid part-time, temporary positions. This year’s fair runs from August 17 through August 20.
The Douglas County Fair Human Resources Manager will work to help you find a position that best suits your skills and talents. However, there is no guarantee that a position will be available for every applicant.
Fair-Time Employment Opportunities
The Fair-Time positions are typically ticket sellers, ticket takers, gate monitors, cashiers, people movers and tractor drivers. Specific fair-time jobs are not posted on our website, but will be discussed during any subsequent job interview.
- The Human Resources Manager interviews all new prospective employees and makes the decision to hire.
- Fair-Time staff work a minimum of (1) 6 hour shift per any day. (2) 6 hour shifts per day are available for some positions.
- Fair-Time applicants must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Applicants will be expected to work outdoors
- There is no guarantee that applicants will be assigned to a Fair-Time job.
- All Fair-Time employees must have the ability to communicate well with customers and exhibit good interpersonal skills.
- To be considered for any position, all applicants must complete an application (either on-line or mail in a hard copy application).
SPECIAL NOTE: Prior employees need not complete an application, please just call or e-mail us ASAP indicating your interest in working at the 2017 Douglas County Fair.
Click Here to APPLY Now
Contact Us: Employment@dcmnfair.com
Melody Thoennes: 866-656-FAIR
The Douglas County Fair is looking for Energetic, Motivated, and Fun people of all ages to sell tickets or Monitor the gates or Work in the Parking Lots at the Fair!
Sorry, there are no internships available at this time.